The Hotel at Auburn University & Dixon Conference Center is a hotel in Auburn conveniently located near the University and downtown!
Auburn University was established in 1856 as the East Alabama Male College, 20 years after the city of Auburn's founding. In 1872, under the Morrill Act, the school became the first land-grant college in the South and was renamed the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Alabama. In 1899, the name was changed to the Alabama Polytechnic Institute. In 1960, the name of the school was changed permanently to Auburn University, a title more in keeping with its location and expressing the varied academic programs and larger curriculum of a major university.
Today, Auburn University is one of the few universities to carry the torch as a land, sea, and space grant university. Students can choose from more than 140 degree options in 13 schools and colleges at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels.
Auburn University has developed into one of the largest universities in the South, remaining in the educational forefront with its traditional blend of arts and applied science, and changing with the needs of today while living with a respect for the traditions and spirit that are Auburn.
For more information you can visit the Auburn University welcome page!
The Horst Schulze School of Hospitality Management
Through management of our Auburn, AL, hotel near campus, Ithaka Hospitality Partners offers hotel-as-classroom instruction with Practicum Classes designed to provide hands-on experience in all facets of hotel and restaurant operations at The Tony & Libba Rane Culinary Science Center, our new neighbor. Providing students both classroom theory and practical experience with a model of continuous quality improvement as a fundamental component of their degree requirements, The Horst Schulze School of Hospitality Management is preparing students to make their own way and define their own positions as the future “Global Leaders in the Service Business.” Find out more about the Horst Schulze School for Hospitality Management here.
Top Five Reasons to Visit Auburn
1. Nothing beats SEC football and Auburn traditions. Fans flock to roll the oaks with toilet paper in Toomer’s Square, participate in the Tiger Walk (a parade-style procession that started in the 1960s leading the AU football players into the Jordan-Hare stadium), or to stop by Toomer’s Drugstore for lemonade or ice cream. Everything about game day is spirited with an authentic hometown Auburn feel that connects fans and rivals alike.
2. Best places to stay! With accommodations as passionate about Auburn University as the students, alumni, visitors, and rival fans can expect southern hospitality and a “War Eagle” greeting at The Hotel at Auburn University, known as the front door to Auburn University.
3. They get started early — brunch! With local favorites unique to Auburn such as Ariccia Cucina Italiana, your college town experience is kicked off with breakfast fare favorites, mimosas, and Mr. Dan's bloody Mary!
4. The eagle is the spirit of Auburn, but you don’t have to wait until game day to come across the beautiful birds of prey. Auburn University’s Southeastern Raptor Center rehabilitates and releases hundreds of injured birds of prey annually and conducts educational programs throughout the Southeast using non-releasable raptors in its educational programs.
5. The beautiful Samford Hall and Lawn is the iconic building rich with history and tradition. The lawn area has seen numerous University celebrations, vigils, ceremonies, and musical events, and is now offered to members of the Auburn family for special events — recently very popular for weddings.