Thrilling Attractions Near Our Hotel In Auburn Alabama
Rich in classic charm and heritage, Auburn is a colorful blend of endless recreation, big-city sophistication, and small-town friendliness.
Whether you're an Auburn University alum, in search of a quaint Alabama vacation spot or a business traveler just passing through, discover the welcoming energy of this famous college locale at The Hotel at Auburn University & Dixon Conference Center.
Just minutes from the best area attractions, this alluring getaway places you just steps from a variety of entertainment options. Lose yourself in the higher learning and youthful exuberance of the university's scenic campus. Browse through enchanting antique stores.
Play a round or two at the private Auburn University Club. You'll experience why Golf Digest recently ranked the city "No. 1 for golf in the U.S." Or enjoy great restaurants - particularly our own renowned Ariccia Trattoria & Bar. Our hotel is ideally situated near interesting local hot spots and sights.
No matter what's on your Auburn event calendar, rest assured we'll make you feel at home. And while you're here, enjoy a concert, theater performance or cultural festival. Or cheer on the mighty Auburn Tigers, 2010 SEC & BCS Champions. Our unique hotel is in close proximity of the best Auburn events and venues including:
- Auburn University Campus (0.2 miles)
- Auburn University Football at Jordan Hare Stadium (0.6 miles)
- Auburn University Basketball at the new Arena (0.5 miles)
- Auburn University Baseball at Plainsman Park (0.5. miles)
- Auburn University Soccer Complex (0.5 miles)
- Auburn University Softball Complex (0.5 miles)
- Auburn University Swimming & Diving - Aquatic Center (0.5 miles)
- Auburn University Jonathan B. Lovelace Hall of Honor Museum (0.5 miles)
- Auburn University Samford Hall (0.2 miles)
- Auburn University Chapel (0.2 miles)
- Auburn University Student Center (0.5 miles)
- Auburn University Goodwin Music Hall - Events Calendar (0.4 miles)
- Auburn University Telfair Peet Theatre (0.6 miles)
- Auburn University Toomer's Corner - web cam(0.1 miles)
- Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art (1 mile)
- Auburn University Club (1.4 miles)
- Auburn Links at Mill Creek (3.9 miles)
- Auburn Research Park, The Research & Technology Collaborative at Auburn University (3 miles)
- Auburn Soccer Complex (4.2 miles)
- Auburn Softball Complex (3.9 miles)
- Chewacla State Park (4.0 miles)
- Donald E. Davis Arboretum
- Indian Pines Country Club (3.3 miles)
- Moore's Mill Club (3.7 miles)
- Robert Trent Jones Grand National Golf Course (9.3 miles)
- Surfside Water Park (4.1 miles)
- Tiger Town Shopping & Restaurants (5 miles miles)
- Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site (18.6 miles)
- Tuskegee University (20 miles)
- Yarbrough Tennis Center (3.2 miles)
Top Ten Things To Do
1. If you need some real nourishment after all the activity downtown, stroll on down to the ARICCIA Italian Trattoria & Bar. Savor grill-fired fish, chops and steaks. Imagine succulent fresh herbs and vegetables served at the peak of its flavor and freshness. Ariccia’s open kitchen is a showcase for the fun and excitement. Relax in casual comfort in the lounge. Generous sofas, a fireplace and a large-screen television, make the lounge an inviting gathering place for people-watching, cocktails or a nightcap and conversation. Breakfast on the Run is expedited at Ariccia’s Espresso Bar, complete with homemade pastries and breads fresh from our bakery and specialty beverages, coffees or teas.
2. If it’s art you crave, visit the Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art, Auburn University’s home for an amazing collection of paintings, prints, drawings, sculptures and decorative arts. Upon entering the museum’s rotunda, you will be greeted by the three-tiered chandelier entitled Amber Luster created by Dale Chihuly. This incredible piece features more than 600 pieces of colorful hand-blown glass pieces that are woven intricately together to resemble a chandelier. Our renowned collection of rare ornithological prints by J.J. Audubon as well as a schedule of ongoing wonderful changing exhibitions offers something for everyone
3. If you need some refreshment, walk on over to Toomers Drugstore and enjoy some famous lemonade. The store has been around since 1896, and the lemonade is a perfect mixture of sweet and tart. You can also try their yummy floats and limeade
4. Throw some toilet paper in the tree at Toomers Corner after an Auburn athletic victory – it’s ok because it’s a tradition. This phenomenon has been written about in numerous publications including the newly released book Eccentric USA. “Auburn is the only city in the country that has a line item in their budget to clean up toilet paper."
5. You might happen to notice that as you tour the downtown area, there are granite plaques in the sidewalk. This Tiger Trail (Auburn’s own walk of fame) pays tribute to Auburn University’s greatest athletes, coaches and administrators. If you want more athletic history, you can see plenty of it at the Jonathan B. Lovelace Athletic Museum and Hall of Honor located on campus in the Auburn University Athletic Complex. In addition to documenting all sports played at the college, it has talking dioramas that let you know what it would have been like on the playing field with some of Auburn’s best coaches
6. Campus is full of other treasures also. Take a seat on the plush grass outside Samford Hall (the oldest building on campus) at noon and listen to Auburn University’s fight song play out of the clock tower. Heck, while you’re there, throw a Frisbee or visit the Lathe that documents history of wartime on campus. On your way to an Auburn University theater performance at Telfair Peet Theater, drive by Samford Hall one more time – you just can’t beat the sight of Samford Hall lit up at dark
7. Looking for some off-campus fun? Auburn has plenty to do. If outdoor activities are what you are looking for, we have many options. Chewacla State Park has waterfalls, hiking trails, biking trails, camping and even some cabins. If wide-open space is what you need, head out to Kiesel Park off Wire Road. There are acres and acres of land for you and/or your canines to explore
8. You can't miss this one. Go to an AU football game and witness Tiger, Auburn's golden eagle, swoop and circle the field to Auburn's battle cry, "War Eagle," before each game. We guarantee you will have chills.
9. There is plenty of antique shopping for the shopper in all of us so head out and find your treasure. There is also plenty of golf – nine courses countywide to be exact – including Grand National on the Robert Trent Jones Trail. So pick your day’s activities, but don’t forget to pick up a piece of Auburn memorabilia on your way out of town.
10. Make reservations to return to The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center to explore Auburn further!
For additional information about campus activities, contact the Auburn University Student Center at (334) 844-4244.
Calendar of Events
Traveling to the airport just got easier! Express 85 provides shuttles to and from the Hotel at Auburn University to both the Atlanta and Montgomery Airports. With multiple pick up times guests are able to customize their trips base on their departure times. For more infomation please visit their website.
The Auburn University Transit provides transportation through multiple routes on and off campus.
The Hotel at Auburn Univesity is stop 116 on the East Parking-AU Hotel Route (Plum Line).
Local Auburn Taxi Services:
Tiger Taxi (334)444-4444
Twin City Taxi (334)246-0416
AAA Yellow Cab (334)887-9356